By making an irrevocable gift of highly appreciated assets, you may discover you can get the best return for your money. Through the creation of a Charitable Remainder Trust in the Boys & Girls Clubs of Yellowstone County’s Endowment Foundation you can;
- receive a charitable deduction on income tax,
- eliminate or reduce capital gains taxes,
- receive income for the lifetime of one or two people,
- reduce the “worry” of reinvestment and money management,
- most likely eliminate federal estate taxes,
- receive a Montana Tax Credit of $10,000 per individual or 40% of the charitable value (whichever is less), and
- establish a “Named” Endowment Fund to recognize a loved one.