One of Boys & Girls Clubs of America and our local Club’s biggest strengths is securing, keeping and upgrading corporate partners. According to Giving USA, corporate giving accounts for 5% of charitable giving in America. Many of our corporate partners could truly be deemed legacy partners, having supported the Club for many years and some others are just beginning their relationship. Each and every partnership is different, requires different activations, funds differently and changes from year to year. What is constant is the enormous value corporate philanthropy has in supporting the Boys & Girls Clubs of Yellowstone County.
Throughout the year, we have national business partners that conduct Back2School drives like Michaels Stores and Old Navy, those that conduct Holiday Giving drives like Ross Dress For Less, Taco Bell and Kohls. Then, there are other drives designed to help the Club in offering engaging daily activities like Buffalo Wild Wings and Lowe’s. Although these are national partnerships, our local Club benefits directly from each and every one.
Additionally, the Boys & Girls Clubs of Yellowstone County has terrific local partnerships with businesses dedicated to supporting the Club and our community’s youth. Check out these meaningful campaigns from generous businesses in Yellowstone County.
– Gainan’s Flowers Annual ‘Roses for Kids’ fundraiser in August raises funds the Boys & Girls Clubs of Yellowstone County by offering 1 and 2 dozen bouquets of roses at special prices. With every dozen purchased, a donation will be made to the Club. Jim Gainan shares, “Because it has been a challenging year for everyone, we are offering an additional incentive to send roses to brighten someone’s day while also giving to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Yellowstone County. Gainan’s Flowers will give you an EXTRA six roses for ONLY $5 with every dozen purchased, increasing the donation to the Boys & Girls Clubs.”
– King’s ACE Hardware runs a promotion several times throughout the year called ‘Painting GREAT Futures’ where $1.00 of each gallon of paint sold is gifted to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Yellowstone County.
– Taco John’s runs their ‘Nachos Navidad’ campaign every December and shares a portion of every nacho sale with our local Club.
– Office 360 Solutions is supporting The Club this summer by donating a portion of the sale of each HP product to the Boys & Girls Club.
– Davidson Design and Tiffany Davidson-Blades supports the Club by donating a portion of each sale the month of August.
– Dynamic Design jumped into action shortly after the Coronavirus pandemic sent many to work from home last May. They offered a Montana Strong ball cap for $10.00 and the proceeds went directly to to the Club.
I value each and every one of our partnerships, both nationally and locally. As the African proverb states, “It take a village to raise a child,” and our philanthropic business community understands the experience and interaction our children need to grow in a safe and healthy environment. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Yellowstone County is grateful for the help of so many in serving our local kids daily. Thank you! All the support helps provide a fun, engaging and safe environment for our Club members to experience individual success.
There are so many others that I would like to highlight. I’ll add, ‘to be continued’ to this blog post so we can share more of our Great Happenings with the business community at a later date.
If you are interested in visiting about the details of each of our partnerships, or would like to start a relationship with your local Club please contact Karrie Owen at 406-294-4511 or Kowen@bgcyellowstone.org
To Be Continued…